Talk

Advanced search

so he's being sick alot could i be overfeeding him?

(5 Posts)
icedgemsrock Tue 26-May-09 21:09:30

He really enjoys his food but has started to be sick alot afterwards. I'm having to change him 3 or 4 times a day and i'm just wondering is it because i'm feeding him too much?
It's a nightmare when he's had yoghurt cos it stinks!!
He is teething aswell could that be it?

Seona1973 Tue 26-May-09 22:21:32

do you give milk and solids together? How much food/milk is he having?

icedgemsrock Wed 27-May-09 07:58:23

breakfast he has a whole banana and now half a weetabix (was a full one)
lunch a good portion of whatever i have made usually veg and was giving him a pudding aswell but stopped that yesterday
dinner some sort of meat or fish and then a yoghurt or purreed fruit.
i just give him water with his meals and then a couple of breastfeeds during the day.one mid morning and one mid afternoon - but not always.
He's 11 months

karney Mon 01-Jun-09 09:57:57

i just breastfeed in the morning and evening before bedtime. My Ds is 9 months and enjoys his solid food and I found the milk feeds through the day were too much for him. I give him water and fruit juice during the day. He's now starting to be interested in finger foods as snacks as I feel I,m not filling him up all the time with milk. Maybe run it by your health visitor. Mine just advised that he should be getting a balance of dairy products and iron rich foods in his diet and that then 2 feeds would be enough milk for him.

CurryMaid Mon 01-Jun-09 09:58:48

My DD did this and it did stop after I cut the milk feeds down to morning and bedtime.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now