Talk

Advanced search

DS is 6m in 7 days but cannot sit up (BLW)

(7 Posts)
LadyOfWaffle Sun 15-Feb-09 11:25:46

Is it still OK to wean? He tries hard to pull himself up but cannot yet, despite being a big boy Highchair isn't here yet so don't know if he'll sit in it yet hmm Was going to do BLW. Thankyou

giantkatestacks Sun 15-Feb-09 14:36:50

Mine would sit in the antilop quite happily before she could sit up herself on the floor if thats any help...

Have you got a bumbo? Could you borrow one?

bohemianbint Sun 15-Feb-09 14:40:12

I've been lettign DS just sit on my knee. He can swipe my food quite happily off me from there!

LadyOfWaffle Sun 15-Feb-09 14:40:43

I do have a bumbo somewhere...

fairimum Sun 15-Feb-09 22:21:19

My DD is almost 9 months and can't pull herself up to sitting from lying down! But can sit fine if I sit her up! The antilop was and is fantastic - used it first with the blow up bit which helped when she was a bit wobbly! Also hand her sticks of things, toast etc in bumbo and she feeds herself!

terramum Mon 16-Feb-09 12:04:23

DS couldn't sit unaided at 6 months so we waited until he could....didn't have to wait long - he ate his first solids (BLW: steamed carrots sticks) at 29 weeks grin.

It will do your DS no harm to wait until he can sit up...in fact it will protect him - he'll be less likely to choke if he can sit unaided.

pispirispis Mon 16-Feb-09 18:51:11

My dd is nearly 10 months and is crawling and standing but can't really sit properly. We've been BLW since she was 7 mo with no probs (did purees before then and changed to BLW

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now