Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

has anyone tried the stokke table top?

(12 Posts)
mollynp Sun 08-Feb-09 21:22:24

i'm tempted to buy it to go with the tripp trapp as i'm trying to find a solution to blw baby swiping all her food onto the floor. though it is quite expensive and i don't know whether it'll stick to the table well enough!

wastingmyeducation Sun 08-Feb-09 21:28:27

I don't think that would help with the swiping, just be something else to clean.
On another thread someone suggested teaching the sign for 'finished' and that stopped their LO swiping the food away when done. I was going to give that a go.
Stick a tablecloth under the chair and you can pick it back up to offer again if she's not done with it.

mollynp Sun 08-Feb-09 21:37:27

was thinking that something with raised sides might help. i only started a few weeks ago, and everything seems to be going to the dog! she has only just started to try and actually eat the stuff i've been giving her, so perhaps she won't do it as much, hopefully!

wastingmyeducation Sun 08-Feb-09 21:39:59

They can get overwhelmed if there's too much in front of them, perhaps putting less out at any one time?

mollynp Sun 08-Feb-09 21:44:24

i'm not sure if she does it because it is too easy to do and she doesn't really know what she is doing yet, rather than doing it on purpose, if that makes sense (as she's only 6 and a half months)!

wastingmyeducation Sun 08-Feb-09 21:47:31

Hmm, are you eating together so she can see you eating?

mollynp Sun 08-Feb-09 21:50:25

yes, we all eat together. perhaps i'm being too inpatient, though she has started to pick up on what the food is for the last couple of days, so i'll persevere!

wastingmyeducation Sun 08-Feb-09 22:02:23

She'll get there! smile

lou222 Tue 10-Feb-09 20:12:48

no i didn't know they did one till i read your post - just googled them and i love the look of them so think i will be getting one. I have a glass table and even though i am pureeing at the mo will be fab when i do start to give finger foods.

cityangel Thu 12-Feb-09 13:02:26

I've got one and I'm very happy with it. Sticks to the glass table fine and contains the mess. Still doesn't stop him flicking stuff over his shoulder though grin

mollynp Fri 13-Feb-09 21:57:55

do you think it would stick to a pvc table cloth? (needed to stop two older boys destroying my nice table!)

cityangel Sat 14-Feb-09 22:04:06

no and but I don't have one to try it with
if your little one didn't grab much then maybe hmm

no way with my ds though who thinks the bowl is a large circular carrot

it very much relies on the glass suction and if a little one was hell bent on moving it then they could... but with the bowl and fun weaning stuff on top if it its only like an extension of the tripp trapp...

to us its the tray we needed to contain mess and spills more than our table would have done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now