Talk

Advanced search

Tortilla wraps

(5 Posts)
likessleep Mon 03-Nov-08 16:03:37

I've bought a pack of these and planning to put some cheese and tomato in for ds tea (he's just turned 1). Having never bought them before shock, do I need to heat them or do I just use instead of bread as a sarnie?
Thanks
Delia wannabe (yeah right!!)

SoupDragon Mon 03-Nov-08 16:05:58

Either I used to spread pizza sauce and cheese on one half, fold it up and then bake it in the oven til the cheese is melted and the wrap crunchy. Then cool so the hot cheese doesn't weld itself to the roof of your baby's mouth! Cut into pizza shaped wedges.

TBH, it'll be pointless rolling them up with a filling as they'll just fall apart

SoupDragon Mon 03-Nov-08 16:06:49

they're quite good cut into wedges, toasted til crispy and used like crisps for dips etc too.

likessleep Mon 03-Nov-08 16:07:37

Thanks SoupDragon, you always come to my rescue on these things!
I might try heating it up, I am feeling adventurous wink

AmIWhatAndWhy Mon 03-Nov-08 16:16:50

I do them for the DC as a sort of pizza. Very hot frying pan, make a sandwich from two of them with whatever filling (I use cheese peppers and sprig onion) put in the pan for a minute then flip and do the other side, then cut into 6.

You can also give hummous or guacamole for them to dip.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: