Talk

Advanced search

blw - when did your dc go from smooshing and squashing to actually eating?

(3 Posts)
deaconblue Sun 02-Nov-08 19:21:04

We've been blw for a fortnight, dd is happy as larry, is still squatting porkily on her 91st centile, drinking lots of bm and all is well. But I am interested to hear when you noticed your dc starting to consume much food. She loves playing with it and does eat little bits (as witnessed by a lump of unchewed carrot in her poo yesterday!) but it doesn't seem to be much.

MrsJamin Sun 02-Nov-08 20:32:50

depends what you mean by "actually eating/consume much food" - DS took about a fortnight before swallowing food, but a good few months before he ate a reasonable quantity at a sitting. playing with it means learning about food - i.e. it's good to play! looking at poo is always the best way to tell what is going in!

deaconblue Mon 03-Nov-08 11:51:40

that's good to know. She plays with it lots, picks stuff up and puts it in her mouth but often spits it straight out. I did purees with ds and of course then it's easier to see how much has gone in. Not worried, as like you say, she's learning about food and she's really happy at mealtimes, just wondered when she might eat what seems like a meal

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now