Talk

Advanced search

Which is the best cup to give to DD - tried three and she's still having water from a bottle!!!!!!

(11 Posts)
LoveBeingAMummy Sun 26-Oct-08 17:15:53

OK, got a cup from mothercare with a vari flow but in order to have a slower flow you ahve to turn the handles so they are a funny angle, then got a tommie tippee one where she has to suck almost like a bottle but she doesn't seem to ahve got the hang of that one and then theres the red one that either has nothing coming out or its pouring out. Was so fustrated DD has been having ewater out of a bottle but now she's 7.5 months really need to get this sorted help!!!!

sad

Flum Sun 26-Oct-08 17:20:48

ERmmmmmm my dd still has her milk in a bottle and she is nearly 2 and half. She has mealtime drinks from a beaker though.

Just choose one and go with it. She will eventually work out how it works......

cece Sun 26-Oct-08 17:21:40

Get a Heinz one. They are free flowing! But be careful she doesn't tip it out! But they were the only ones DD would use, she just couldn't suck it out of the others.

Seona1973 Sun 26-Oct-08 20:08:23

the tommee tippee first cup is the best cup I have found. It is free-flowing so it is easy to use and you can use it with the lid off if your lo prefers an open cup. You can get them in supermarkets, chemists, etc and they are dead cheap.

CharCharBaGOOOOOOORE Sun 26-Oct-08 20:12:21

Agree, I like the TT first cup. Just keep offering and she'll get the hang of it in the end. 7.5 months is still v early, DD didn't drink any water until 9/10 months and her friend didn't until 1. Just go with the flow and give her what she wants for now.

lizziemun Sun 26-Oct-08 20:56:46

I found dd2 finds this one easier to drink from.

LoveBeingAMummy Sun 26-Oct-08 22:38:11

Thanks guys, was concerned as her wet nappies started smelling really strong to the point of think it was more than just wet! So have been using the bottle to make sure she is drinking some. Has recently come off the boob onto bottles so maybe just worring a little too much.

Will keep trying and maybe buy another one from your suggestions - at least might stop me buying her clothes if I keep buying cups!!!!

grin

TeenyTinyTorya Sun 26-Oct-08 22:43:23

Free flow is best IMO. Don't worry just now though, 7 months is still young to be going onto a cup. Ds moved on to a cup for all liquids at 1yr old, and he only really got the hang of drinking from it at about 9 or 10 months.

omy Tue 28-Oct-08 09:43:20

Be patient - it can take up to a month of offering before they get the hang of it. Have the cup around at meal times and offer it (try drinking out of it yourself to give her the idea)

MrsMattie Tue 28-Oct-08 09:44:24

Why are you stressing about a 7 mth old having a bottle? hmm

LoveBeingAMummy Sat 01-Nov-08 20:54:28

Not stressing honest, just trying to find the best one for her to get on with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now