Talk

Advanced search

Poor Advice in the Guardian

(10 Posts)
cmotdibbler Tue 21-Oct-08 09:42:14

On Saturday they had a "Cooking for Kids" supplement. In the section titled "Baby Steps" theres some rather poor advice..

Full article here

I have emailed them to point these out and ask for a correction. I also pointed out that they can eat your food without special recipes, and linked to Aitch's site

You might feel like complaining too...

misscathcart Tue 21-Oct-08 09:46:39

yes I do and I will later! Thanks

MrsJamin Tue 21-Oct-08 10:08:12

I don't understand - I think it's pretty good on the whole and saying that the quicker you can get them to eat what you eat the better? The only thing I would question is "start with purees" and "give them little bits off your plate at 4 months".

cmotdibbler Tue 21-Oct-08 10:13:48

It was the 'its ok to give them bits from 4 months' and the avoidance of egg, chilli that I had issues with.

So it would obv be fine to give your 4 month old ice cream, chocolate, etc

Piccalilli2 Tue 21-Oct-08 11:46:51

the avoidance of egg thing freaked me out as my 6 mth old had just had well-cooked egg for breakfast. Egg is fine from 6 mths isn't it??

MrsJamin Tue 21-Oct-08 12:15:34

yes it's fine, silly guardian, i didn't spot the egg thing

TexasChainsawMoussaka Tue 21-Oct-08 14:42:44

They say no eggs and then at the bottom, top finger foods: asparagus and egg?? No wonder people find weaning advice confusing...

TheDevilWearsPrimark Tue 21-Oct-08 14:50:44

What's to be fussed about?

IOf someone is using a supplement from a newspaper as their main source of information when weaning then that's their own ignorance at fault.

MamaHobgoblin Tue 21-Oct-08 19:00:38

Oh ffs! Frankly, I'd expect better of the Guardian, etc. smile

Wierd - 'not too much' salt but no egg whites? At all? So garbled! Maybe a moonlighting HV wrote it...

Yes, I'll email them too.

nickytwoooohtimes Tue 21-Oct-08 19:02:19

Oh, that was a ponce-tastic supplement anyway.
I would be surprised if anyone took it at all seriously! Still a very good idea to email them though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now