Talk

Advanced search

BLW and allergies

(3 Posts)
kingcharlie Fri 17-Oct-08 22:46:22

Hiya i am planing on doing blw - my hubby has hayfever and mild ecxma (or however you spell it!!) is there anything i need to be wary of?

kingcharlie Fri 17-Oct-08 22:48:03

please forgive the spelling errors - i am a little drunk!

PigeonPie Fri 17-Oct-08 22:52:16

We took things more slowly than others might have done. Offered things individually to start with so a couple of days of say, carrot or potato, but then started combining things and adding others with the combination, but only adding one thing which the DSs hadn't had before. Also I always made sure that I introduced new things at lunchtime not supper just in case.

It soon means that they can be eating virtually anything that your DC hasn't reacted to.

DS2 is now 8 1/2 months and is eating what we eat - it's just so much easier. However, don't get disheartened if your DC doesn't 'get' food straight away; DS1 was 8 1/2 months before he started consuming anything, but by 10 months was eating anything and everything and hasn't stopped (he's almost 3 now!)

Remember 'food is for fun until they're one'.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: