Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

So now what......

(5 Posts)
Brownhare Thu 16-Oct-08 13:04:31

do i do to try and get dd (7mths) back onto her veggies?

All started off so well she's been enjoying all the food i put in front of her and then following a bout of teething and a nasty ear infection has gone completely off her veggies & meat. Will still eat fruit and yoghurts but i can't get a vegetable near her. She's on 3 meals a day and 3 bottles at the moment. (at least that was what she was having before getting ill)

When she was ill i did give her more comfort food (rice puddings etc) but now she's better and she just wants to eat these types of things. I'm getting very very frustrated but don't want to make eating an issue for her obviously.

I'm just wondering whether i should reintroduce an 11am bottle and go back to basics i.e single veg after her bottle and just offer fruit as a pud and hold off on any yoghurts/rice puddings?

Arrrgghhhh just when i thought we'd got it cracked...please anybody got some advice/tips. btw she's happy to chew on rice cakes and has mastered toast as well but show her a carrot stick or a broccoli florett and she looks like you're about to poison her!

SharpMolarBear Thu 16-Oct-08 13:10:26

yes, we call that "broccoli face"
no advice, sorry

LittleMyDancingWithTheDevil Thu 16-Oct-08 13:15:05

she might be better but still not back to her old self, iyswim. I always found it took a long time for DS to get back to his old diet after an illness, even if he looked and acted better.

I would just keep offering it at every meal and give her some more time. I vividly remember entire weeks going by when all DS ate was yogurt.

And I wouldn't withold the yogurt/fruit, she's too little to understand the connection, just keep offering. She won't be missing out on nutrition much as they only eat tiny amounts at this stage anyway, and if she's hungry she'll eat!

MrsJamin Thu 16-Oct-08 13:33:18

DS didn't like steamed veg at first, I did roasted veg sticks with olive oil and rosemary - a lot tastier! Just keep offering different types of veg in different sauces/ cooked differently and sooner or later she'll pick them up.

Brownhare Thu 16-Oct-08 13:53:15

Thanks both, love the idea of roasted veg - why didn't i think of it we have it all the time! Will just keep offering and see how we go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now