Talk

Advanced search

Highchair

(13 Posts)
pudding25 Tue 14-Oct-08 21:45:36

Can anyone recommend a good, cheap folding (we have very little space) highchair?

Thanks

Habbibu Tue 14-Oct-08 21:47:04

The Ikea Antilop doesn't fold, but you can take the legs off really easily, it's dirt cheap and dead easy to clean.

Aitch Tue 14-Oct-08 21:50:02

haave you thought about a booster seat thing? if you have kitchen chairs already, you can leave it on and they take up v little space under the table. other than that, i loved our antilop.

Neenztwinz Tue 14-Oct-08 21:50:28

The Ikea one is very goo0d, it is £14 I think!

phdlife Tue 14-Oct-08 21:50:57

I bought a £20 cheap folding highchair from ToysRUs. The only thing that I don't like about it is the webbing harness, can't be taken off easily to wash, therefore I spend 20mins once a week scrubbing it with a toothbrush and the rest of the time it's a bit whiffy.

Imagine this is a common problem however!

In fact mine is for sale...

pudding25 Tue 14-Oct-08 22:50:59

We don't have a kitchen table - live in a 2 bed box!!!

PHD - thanks but I am far too lazy to clean with a toothbrush each week (although would be tempting to use dh's if he annoys me grin)

Ikea one sounds good but I would rather have one I can fold easily and bung in the corner.

I suppose we could afford up to about £60 tops.

Ohforfoxsake Tue 14-Oct-08 22:54:49

Another vote for the Ikea one. It does take up room, but it is by far the best, and I've had a few.

MadameCheese Wed 15-Oct-08 00:06:24

Ikea! DS loves it.

LadyLaGore Wed 15-Oct-08 00:10:32

dont underestimate the value of something easy to wipe clean. highchairs get gunked and it gets ground in several times a day every day - thats a lot of scrubbing and scooping out of nooks and crannies.
antilop is fantastic in that respect...
(ihave been through lots of different highchairs and booster seats, mark my owrds, you want Easy To Clean as a top priority.)

pudding25 Wed 15-Oct-08 08:56:35

Sorry to sound stupid, but how do you take off the legs? and how much space does it take up? We have a tiny kitchen with just about enough room to open up a highchair with me sitting on a folding chair next to it.

Out living room is really tiny too and I was hoping to feed her in the kitchen to minimise getting crap all over the carpet.

IHeartIona Wed 15-Oct-08 09:43:33

I have seen the Cosatto On the Move travel highchair and that folds up very small/flat and doesn't take up much room comparatively to some of the others. I have the Barcelona one from Mothercare which also folds nice and flat so I can store it between the table and wall when not in use.
I wanted the Ikea one but couldn't face a trip round the North Circular to go and get it!

jop64 Wed 15-Oct-08 21:41:44

we've got the cosatto on the move and it does fold up brilliantly small. It's not the most supportive, but if your baby is realy ready to wean then it's fine. Mothercare have it I think so you can see for yourself there.

HolidaysQueen Thu 16-Oct-08 10:14:09

We bought the Ikea one - it is great (wipe clean and pretty supportive) and can be dismantled for storage. If you need it to fold flat against the wall then I'd say it isn't right for you as you are left with the rigid bucket seat and 4 legs rather than a nice slim flat thing. You could dismantle it each time but TBH I think it would be a bit of a PITA to do that after every meal, and you would then need somewhere to store it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now