Talk

Advanced search

Mothercare today as well as ASDA

(4 Posts)
inscotland Sun 12-Oct-08 17:40:51

and briefly looked at plates, cuttlery and cups for DS. Almost as confused as when I first bought bottles and teats!

Any suggestions as to what is a reasonable buy? Not too fussed about plates and cuttlery but is there specifics for teeth coming through and a cup to think about?

choufleur Sun 12-Oct-08 19:34:34

think a lot is down to personal preference but i think Avent Magic cups are great - no spills and you can buy 'soft' spouts to use when DCs are little and hard spouts for when they are older.

get loads of spoons - lots will end up on teh floor

MrsJamin Mon 13-Oct-08 11:08:02

Me, and every other mum I know, have started with tommee tippee sippy cups - they are just great and quite cheap. Your LO might find it hard to get any water out of a non-spill cup so it might be worth saving that for a bit later on. It's only water so there's not so much of an issue with spilling really. You don't really need cutlery and plates really apart from the soft tommee tippee spoons.

Seona1973 Mon 13-Oct-08 12:36:40

what age is your lo? The tommee tippee first cup is the easiest cup to use as it is free-flowing. It is also cheap and widely available - you also get a lot of use out of it as you can use it without the lid as an open cup when you feel your lo is ready.

Re: cutlery - is it for you to use or for your lo? I started with the soft weaning spoons and then when my lo's were wanting to use cutlery for themselves I bought child sized metal cutlery with plastic handles as the plastic forks and spoons are rubbish. You can get them from Boots, mothercare, supermarkets, etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now