Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

YEar old ds no weight gain since August!

(6 Posts)
muddler Thu 09-Oct-08 20:16:10

DS has put on about 50g in 6/7 weeks and has gone down a centile. I know within tht time there have been (wait for it) 4 teeth, 3 colds, one stomach upset, started childminder.... so doctor says not really a surprise!
I just worry about him falling behind because of this and though I try to relax I am finding mealtimes pretty stressful.
He is still bf morning and night, won't touch formula or cow's milk. I also started him on a multi vit today.
Should I back off and et him get better? How on earth can I stop worrying when he is on hunger strike?

muddler Thu 09-Oct-08 21:24:54

Nobody have the same experience?

SuperPsychoFabioSaver Thu 09-Oct-08 21:28:08

he hasn't lost weight, he has gained a teeny amount, and he has been ill and presumably active in all that time.

fret not, he is fine. I realsie that it worries you, but I'll bet had you not got him wieghed, you would not have known.

and I bet he is still the same active boy, just one that has had colds???

seriously, do not worry. doc is not worried, so you need to not worry.

I have been where you are, and it made my life hell....I would not go back, and the child I panicked over........healthy 9yr old now.

bythepowerofgreyskull Thu 09-Oct-08 21:30:06

DS2 grew very quickly up to about 8-9 months he was 7lb at birth 20lb at 6 months BUT was 21lb at his first birthday and 26lb at his 3rd birthday. I didn't panic, he is healthy, happy and content, does he eat.sleep well.. are there other signs that there may be an underlying problem.

It is hard to tell you not to worry, if it would ease your mind then get to the doctor for a check up. if there is nothing then it is really just possible that growth has slowed.

Sorry I can't be more help. Good luck smile

bythepowerofgreyskull Thu 09-Oct-08 21:31:11

shock 3rd I meant 2nd birthday,,,, sorry to wish his life away smile

muddler Fri 10-Oct-08 13:15:29

He is off food most of the time and has never been a good sleeper - waking lots and lots at the minute (and I am back at work, yawn!).
He has yet another virus today so his dad has stayed at home to look after him.
ANy tips on boosting his immunity after all of these bugs?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now