Talk

Advanced search

11.5 month old seems terrified of food he hasn't tried before

(4 Posts)
MurderousMarla Thu 09-Oct-08 14:07:58

Can anyone relate to this?

He feeds himself exclusively now, won't let you anywhere near with a spoon, but whenever I put something new on his tray he screams, and if anything gets stuck on his fingers he cries and shakes his hands to get it off.

I just gave tuna, mayo, sweetcorn, and pasta for lunch (which I had too) and he wouldn't even touch it, just cried and screamed and looked pretty angry.

I sat with him and picked at his lunch myself and eventually he ate a little bit of sweetcorn and a tiny bit of tuna but nowhere near a meal's worth.

I do make sure he is hungry before feeding him, but not ravenous, I wait at least an hour after him having milk.

I don't know what to do really, he can't eat the same 4 or 5 things over and over, can he. He eats veg fine and a bit of salmon or chicken or beef but that's about it...

MurderousMarla Thu 09-Oct-08 14:09:55

Just to add I really do not make meals a battle and offer something else if he won't eat (bananas a favourite at the moment) but I just think he can't live on banana's, raisins, breadsticks, veg, chicken and fish.

MurderousMarla Thu 09-Oct-08 19:53:51

MurderousMarla Fri 10-Oct-08 08:17:30

No one has any advice for me? I don't know what to do. At dinner he refused beans and chicken and just ate a bit of veg, half a banana, and some yoghurt. I cannot give him banana and yoghurt three times a day.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: