Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How long should DS stay on the runny yogurt consistency?

(16 Posts)
MadameCheese Mon 06-Oct-08 18:45:50

We are on day 4 and he is 26 weeks. He's doing alot of tongue thrusting but it seems to be going down ok.

SmugColditz Mon 06-Oct-08 18:47:31

It 26 weeks he doesn't need runny yoghurt consistency at all, you can give him bits of pasta to pick up and suck, well mashed veg and rice, mince and mash etc.

He'll be fine

MadameCheese Mon 06-Oct-08 19:47:26

Eh? And also aaaaah!

flowerybeanbag Mon 06-Oct-08 19:49:38

DS never had purees or mashed up anything, we started at 26 weeks with batons of veg and pieces of fruit, toast fingers, pasta shapes, anything really.

MadameCheese Mon 06-Oct-08 19:51:51

Nooooo, I've only just got my head round this puree lark....

flowerybeanbag Mon 06-Oct-08 19:53:54

gringrin

flowerybeanbag Mon 06-Oct-08 19:55:33

To be serious for a minute, obviously you don't have to leap in with huge lumps if you don't feel comfortable. I suppose what I'm saying is there's no need for him to be on runny consistency anything at all, so feel free to make it thicker/lumpier or if you're feeling daring, throw away your blender altogether!

Habbibu Mon 06-Oct-08 19:56:17

Shield your eyes from the pictures on this blog, MadameCheese. I won't tell you which one is dd...

MadameCheese Mon 06-Oct-08 19:59:42

Do you mean to tell me my (not very successful and long winded) effort to make purees was for nothing? Balls!

flowerybeanbag Mon 06-Oct-08 20:01:31

gringrin

Gwaaan. Chuck away the blender! You know it makes sense...

Just give him a bit of your dinner and see what he thinks of it.

Habbibu Mon 06-Oct-08 20:02:30

Only 4 days, though. Do you have a freezer full of the stuff? I suggest you make soup...

MrsJamin Mon 06-Oct-08 20:53:01

MadameCheese, gowan, do it, at 9 MO, DS is just eating everything that I am whereas friends' babies who had puree are still on puree and won't eat lumps! It's fun and very messy
Use savoury purees for soups, and fruit purees for adding to things like porridge pancakes.

SmugColditz Mon 06-Oct-08 21:04:10

no, purees make very nice pasta sauces for babies.

babies like bananas too.

chip shapes and banana consistency is a good guide for this age.

9sorry0

MadameCheese Tue 07-Oct-08 23:32:38

He was hilarious with pureed apple this afternoon, I think he might have a sweet tooth . Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement (I did make some butternut squash puree though when you weren't looking)

Overmydeadbody Tue 07-Oct-08 23:35:04

mix the butternut squash puree with some rice for a first risotto for him grin

MadameCheese Tue 07-Oct-08 23:54:02

Oooh butternut squash risotto my favourite, I could do that for dinner tomorrow thanks for great suggestion OMDB!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now