Talk

Advanced search

Looking to buy a blender for dd's first purees - Any recommendations?

(15 Posts)
lauraloola Sun 05-Oct-08 18:51:31

Hi, as per the title I am on a bit of a budget - No more then £30. I dont want to waste the money so could do with some recommendations. Thanks.

NoblesseOblige Sun 05-Oct-08 18:52:18

woolies do a handheld budget one for a fiver. that's all you need

lulumama Sun 05-Oct-08 18:55:10

you dont; need a blender

mash stuff very well with a fork and mix with formula/breast milk

or mash stuff through a sieve

or go for www.babyledweaning.com baby led weaning where you offer your baby finger food

you don;t need special equipment for weaning

if you do buy one, buy a cheap and cherful one like NO says

lauraloola Sun 05-Oct-08 20:37:40

Maybe I will give it with a fork to start with and see how it goes. If not, a £5 blender sounds great!

IHeartIona Sun 05-Oct-08 21:25:07

I'd recommend a cheap blender too if you decide to use one, as I don't think you would be using it for long in any case. Handy for soup and smoothies too if you do get one!

mumonthenet Sun 05-Oct-08 21:31:30

yes def get a handheld one.

You don't need anything bigger. Make sure you get one with a detachable bottom part so you can just chuck it in dishwasher/washing up bowl.

Loshad Sun 05-Oct-08 21:34:48

yes go for the stick hand held ones, they're fab and also useful for yorks pud batter, making smoothies, etc for grown ups. I've had my current one for about 8 yrs and use it nearly every day. Second about one with removeable bottom.

PussinJimmyWhoooos Sun 05-Oct-08 21:40:30

Agree with everyone else about the hand held

Don't bother wth expensive baby food pots either - I bought a bunch of small Tesco value ones - worked a treat. Just pop out into a bowl when needed and warm through in microwave

Aitch Sun 05-Oct-08 21:42:54

i did blw but also have the fiver one from woolies. it's fine.

Aitch Sun 05-Oct-08 21:43:57

wooloies do wee pots as well very cheaply. 'course i was using them for cucumber sticks. wink

PussinJimmyWhoooos Sun 05-Oct-08 22:02:55

Aitch - hows DD and everything going?

Aitch Sun 05-Oct-08 22:04:34

really well i think. she's lovely, she's putting on weight at an excruciatingly slow rate and she appears (much to my surprise) to be exclusively bf. shock

GreenMonkies Sun 05-Oct-08 22:07:06

Baby Led Weaning, no blender required.

But they do make good soups and smoothies as IHeartIona says!!

PussinJimmyWhoooos Sun 05-Oct-08 22:13:30

Oh really glad she is doing well and so pleased the b'feeding is working out.I'm sure one day she will suddenly put on loads and you will be on here asking if chubby babies lead to chubby teenagers! lol smile

lauraloola Mon 06-Oct-08 09:54:18

Thanks everyone - Off to Woolworths I go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now