Talk

Advanced search

dessert ideas pls!

(12 Posts)
IHeartIona Wed 01-Oct-08 15:02:56

I give my dd greek or natural yogurt (full fat) with some fruit mixed in or au naturel. i got some banana custard pots the other day with no sugar. thinking of trying fromage frais too (natural with fruit stirred in). are there any other things I could try that are full of calories and goodness? she is 6.5 months.

likessleep Wed 01-Oct-08 16:24:20

rice pudding
macaroni pudding
stewed apples with cinnamon

wasabipeanut Wed 01-Oct-08 16:30:02

custard with stewed or fresh fruit stirred in

meandmyjoe Sat 04-Oct-08 21:10:19

My ds loves grapes cut into halves with yogurt. Custard is always good and cheap too. Is she OK with lumps yet? I'm guessing at 6.5 months then she's not eating lumpy food yet so at this point I'd stick with what you've said already. Purreed banana mixed with her usual milk either breast or formula. Fruitapura fruit puree pots are good, my ds still loves them now. There are loads of flavours, the pear and pinapple one is always a winner here. When she gets better with lumps you can offer her more types of dessert but for now sounds like you're doing fine!

nappyaddict Sat 04-Oct-08 21:12:34

we only do yogurt and fruit unless it's a special treat cos i don't like him having much sugar sorry.

has anyone made rice pudding or custard without the sguar?

meandmyjoe Sat 04-Oct-08 21:16:36

Yep, custard doesn't need sugar and it's still yummy. Not sure about the rice oudding though but I don't give that to my ds as I always get it out if a tin blush!!

ilovemydog Sat 04-Oct-08 21:19:29

mashed banana
butternut squash and apple (!)
apple and peaches
avocado and plain yoghurt

nappyaddict Sat 04-Oct-08 21:20:21

meandmyjoe - please can you tell me how to make custard? never done it beofre blush

likessleep Sun 05-Oct-08 13:10:37

i've made rice pudding without sugar and whilst it doesn't taste brilliant to me, my DS loves it!
Tesco do it in a clear bag, with blue label on, that you measure with milk and cook for 5 minutes or so. It is called pudding rice.
Any left over, I put in sugar and I eat, yum!

likessleep Sun 05-Oct-08 13:19:50

could always add a teaspoon of fruit such as pureed prunes to sweeten it.

Mine Sun 05-Oct-08 21:44:12

Have you tried Semolina?
you can mke it with milk instead of water for extra calcium/calories etc.

I add banana or any other fruit puree i have in the fridge.

IHeartIona Sun 05-Oct-08 21:45:53

mmm semolina, reminds me of school dinners! do you get that in the baking section?
the other ideas here are good too, thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now