Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(660 Posts)
AnarchyAunt Tue 30-Sep-08 19:01:52

aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhsplutter

Ah thats better.

I know, I know, I can do nothing at all about it, its not my business, I don't have to look...... But aaaarrrrgghhh.

VictorianSqualor Tue 30-Sep-08 19:20:58

blush
I lost it.

inscotland Tue 30-Sep-08 19:21:55

Goodness me shocked Some of those babies are still so tiny.

QuietWitch Tue 30-Sep-08 19:23:47

vs......grin

cmotdibbler Tue 30-Sep-08 19:26:15

Feckin idiots. And people wonder why child obesity, allergies, diabetes etc are all on the up.

Can you report it to Bounty as encouraging a dangerous practice ? Some of those babies are being endangered by putting rusk in their bottle and other outrageous practices

cmotdibbler Tue 30-Sep-08 19:26:45

Oh yes, and VS - you go girl grin

VictorianSqualor Tue 30-Sep-08 19:29:19

I've emailed bounty saying

"You really, really need to say something about this early weaning. The whole board is awash with people encouraging weaning before 17weeks (which is in itself risky but beforehand a definite no-no).
Surely you have some kind of policy where you have to monitor what is being said?
Sorry for my language but this is terrible, any mother that doesn't know better could see this little 'early weaning love in' and do the same. Her child might be the unlucky one.
Please be responsible and do something about this."

AnarchyAunt Tue 30-Sep-08 19:33:21

VS - that was fab grin

I have just spent 30 mins trying to say the same thing politely and tactfully but have given up. They are not interested - classic case of shooting the messenger.

V v depressing.

VictorianSqualor Tue 30-Sep-08 19:40:08

I am being a twat now. I know I am. I commented on spelling and grammar.blush

charchargabor Tue 30-Sep-08 19:44:10

I know I shouldn't have but I was roffling reading that! VS you are on fire today! grin The huns they are a-quivering!

AnarchyAunt Tue 30-Sep-08 19:44:19

Oh don't worry your instinct told you to eh wink

I'm going to make a concerted effort to keep on at them in future - its all very well agreeing with each other on MN but obviously there are people who still don't know.

Their babies deserve better, and for that to happen the facts have to be posted time after time after time.

VictorianSqualor Tue 30-Sep-08 21:16:45

I've tried to peacetalkgrin
And started my.bounty.com/forums/post/138/1618537/1/1/1/The-TRUTH-about-early-weaning..htm instead.

MrsMattie Tue 30-Sep-08 21:21:11

Can anyone on Bounty write proper English?

AnarchyAunt Tue 30-Sep-08 21:47:26

Yes. Me and VS smile

Our stroppy presence has raised the Bounty collective IQ.

scorpio1 Tue 30-Sep-08 21:50:55

grin

(Hey VS!)

helibee Wed 01-Oct-08 01:15:15

good on you, someone needs to say something. My friend wanted to wean her 13 week old dd on advive from her mother and i nearly fainted-after a long and frank talk about the risks she upped the milk and decided to wait. Her dd is now 24 weeks and only just starting weaning-thank goodness!

thumbwitch Wed 01-Oct-08 01:22:22

VS, good effort!
Shame they are all too illiterate hide-bound and set up in their own ignorance/arrogance to take any notice of you - mind you, I thought your language was parTICularly choice! {grin]

MrsJamin Wed 01-Oct-08 09:00:16

Good on you VS, I think another thread was a great idea as it will catch those who are thinking about early weaning rather than have started already. I think the early weaners club just want to think that they have very advanced babies, which of course they do not. Let us know what Bounty say about your complaint about the thread.

VictorianSqualor Wed 01-Oct-08 09:06:54

Well, they haven't got back to me yethmm
Maybe the head-in-sand trick is one from HQ...

AnarchyAunt Wed 01-Oct-08 09:32:19

They have banned you and deleted all your (and my!) posts.

VictorianSqualor Wed 01-Oct-08 09:33:52

LOL
<<rejoins with new email and IP, BRB wink>

MrsJamin Wed 01-Oct-08 09:40:22

If they've deleted all threads then perhaps you should just use your time elsewhere - otherwise they might get deleted again? It's rather irresponsible of Bounty I think.

stretchmarkqueen Wed 01-Oct-08 09:46:42

HEY, OVER HERE!!

MrsJamin Wed 01-Oct-08 09:49:07

eek they're not going to like that! Good try though!

stretchmarkqueen Wed 01-Oct-08 09:49:42

I am really not a violent person, but I have never wanted to punch people more than I do now! angryangry

<<deep breath!>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now