Talk

Advanced search

blw and food guidelines

(12 Posts)
jammi Wed 24-Sep-08 10:00:19

Message withdrawn

ThingOne Wed 24-Sep-08 10:10:06

As far as I am aware the age labels are related to legal requirements not real life. I don't have a packet to check but just read the ingredients to check there's nothing your child shouldn't be having. I think they probably have too much sugar in for little ones so people normally start with more savoury stuff but don't know this, merely postulating wink.

Mine had them before one but no idea when!

I'd just watch when eating.

whoisdoingthedishes Wed 24-Sep-08 17:02:57

I have bought some of those organix gingerbread biscuits and my DD didn't like them much...They don't have sugar added, but maybe the size, shape is what is not suitable for younger babies. I don't know if ginger is OK for babies either...

anyway, if he likes it I see no problem, but don't leave him unattended (which I assumme you do).

jammi Wed 24-Sep-08 23:12:22

Message withdrawn

mamazee Wed 24-Sep-08 23:16:59

i reckon its the sugar thing too. they reckon no refined sugar or honey before one year. my ds loved orange rice cakes. they go soft really fast too.

whoisdoingthedishes Thu 25-Sep-08 12:43:12

ooops, i think I didn't write properly, I assume you don't leave your child unattended.

hanaflower Thu 25-Sep-08 12:45:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Seona1973 Thu 25-Sep-08 13:25:26

wheat is fine from 6 months though - maybe it is a texture thing and they are crunchy rather than melt in the mouth.

jammi Thu 25-Sep-08 18:56:46

Message withdrawn

Habbibu Thu 25-Sep-08 18:58:53

I'd cook apple a bit, tbh - it has a tendency to break off in chunks and so is a choking hazard. Steam or bake in the oven until soft - or just use ripe pear!

Overmydeadbody Thu 25-Sep-08 18:59:59

They are covering their backs legally though, trading standards are an absolute nightmare when it comes to labelling baby food, and even children's food, as I found out!

HensMum Thu 25-Sep-08 19:03:22

jammi, I wondered about those gingerbread men too as I bought some for DS as well as the Organix finger biscuits which are suitable from 7 months and couldn't see much difference in ingredients. Neither has any added sugar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now