Talk

Advanced search

Which cup for my 6mo?

(9 Posts)
LazySleepy Tue 23-Sep-08 17:45:59

Hi,
My DD will be 6mo in 2 weeks and is EBF so far, I would like to get her used to a cup for water. Which one would you recommend? The NHS One to Five book says a lidded free flow is best. Ive looked in the shops and am confused by the variety. Which one is a good one. Many thanks

Seona1973 Tue 23-Sep-08 19:45:21

tommee tippee first cup - it is freeflow, has handles and you can use it with the lid off when your lo is older. It is also cheap and cheerful and available in chemists, supermarkets, etc.

Seona1973 Tue 23-Sep-08 19:46:08

tommee tippee first cup - it is freeflow, has handles and you can use it with the lid off when your lo is older. It is also cheap and cheerful and available in chemists, supermarkets, etc.

IAteDavinaForDinner Tue 23-Sep-08 19:51:42

ASDA do similar ones (even cheaper) and I find the lids much easier to clean than the Tommee Tippee ones. They get a bit gunky and even using a brush I don't feel like I am getting the nooks and crannies clean - wouldn't use a Tomme Tippee one for anything but water now.

MatNanPlus Tue 23-Sep-08 19:54:44

Or you could use a non lidded cup with handles.

doidy from 4m

steady cup from 6m, can get packs of 4

LazySleepy Tue 23-Sep-08 20:53:26

Thanks all x

MuffinMclay Tue 23-Sep-08 21:04:57

Another vote for Tommee Tippee. Ds2 (7mo) uses them with no problems.

Mine seem to come out perfectly clean from the dishwasher (although my standards may be very low grin)

Seona1973 Tue 23-Sep-08 22:27:23

Mine are fine in the dishwasher too (although not everyone has one) - it is probably much fiddlier to get them clean in the sink.

IAteDavinaForDinner Wed 24-Sep-08 08:55:35

blush Don't have a dishwasher

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now