Talk

Advanced search

BLW question - suddenly started throwing stuff about after weeks of serene noshing

(4 Posts)
MamaHobgoblin Sat 20-Sep-08 17:44:12

He's been happily self-feeding for about 4-5 weeks, the last 3 doing it every day. And just the last few days, he's started bashing his hands - whether clutching food or not - on the tray and flinging mango slices, cheese, sweet potato etc with gay abandon. It seems to happen most when he's being a bit testy generally, or can't get the food in fast enough, the greedy little tyke.

Maybe he's only doing it because he just discovered he can, but I'm worried this is the way it'll go on. Do they stop doing this soon? I am an interesting orange colour from food accretions and was just wondering...

whoisdoingthedishes Sun 21-Sep-08 00:42:00

probably just a phase. At some point they are supposed to learn to drop things and that just because they throw them away, they don't disappear. My DD went through that as well and it became very stressful to the point that I tried spoon feeding for some time. But after she turned 9 months it has got better.

Maybe you can try slices of a different size, in case they are too big/too small to handle.

MamaHobgoblin Sun 21-Sep-08 23:38:42

Was hoping to hear something like that! :-) I will try different-shaped chunks/slices. Thanks!

Pheebe Mon 22-Sep-08 16:10:24

Agree...he's doing it because he can grin DS1 did this, lasted about 3 weeks or so

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now