Talk

Advanced search

DD barely eating - worried

(4 Posts)
charchargabor Fri 19-Sep-08 14:36:46

Wasn't sure where to put this as DD is nearly 14 months, hope it's ok here! She was blwed from 6 months, never had a massive appetite but ate ok. Since last month she hasn't really had an appetite. She will eat a few mouthfuls here and there but not much. She won't really eat many carbs except a bit of pasta and doesn't really like meat. I boost her protein intake with lentils and beans, but she's even gone off these recently. She will definitely eat cheese and all fruits and veg but not much. For example, today she has eaten 3 bitesize shredded wheat, a handful of blueberries and two pieces of cheese, which is quite good for her. She still has 4 bfs in the day and a few at night. Should I be worried or just go with the flow? Please help, I'm quite worried.

belgo Fri 19-Sep-08 14:40:27

How is she in herself? Is she well, developing fine, full of energy? Those are the things you need to look at.

It's very possible that she just hasn't got much appetite at the moment, and that when she goes through a growth spurt her appetite will increase.

PrettyCandles Fri 19-Sep-08 14:43:10

As long as you keep up the bfs she should be fine. Of course, if you dro the bfs she may well eat more, but I think that the bfs are more nutritious than the food ATM. I have just asked a BFC similar question regarding 23m ds2, and that was her opinion. IME, if it's come on fairly suddenly, and seh is otherwise well, she's probabnly teething.

You might want to try cutting down on night feeds. But perhaps that's another issue smile.

charchargabor Fri 19-Sep-08 16:06:02

She seems fine absolutely tons of energy and is walking round really well now. She's just spent an hour at the park, so obviously not feeling weak or anything! smile I was thinking it might be teething, and she did only have the MMR the week before last too. So nothing to worry about! I thought not, but it's nice having other people say it too!

She's cut down the bfing a lot in the last two months or so, from about 8 feeds a day to the four. So I'm not too worried about cutting the rest down, I'll probably just let her decide! I did have the night feeds down to one, but the MMR messed her up. She's only up 3 times though so she's slowly getting back to normal. Thanks both of you for your advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now