Talk

Advanced search

has anyone used this baby feeder?

(12 Posts)
loveshopping Thu 18-Sep-08 23:05:25

Not sure whether to post here or in food.
Has anyone used this babyfeeder It looks great but not sure if it works.

Brangelina Thu 18-Sep-08 23:08:26

Look like a total waste of a tenner to me....hmm

sleepycat Thu 18-Sep-08 23:09:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

gagarin Thu 18-Sep-08 23:18:03

Hands - what are a baby's hands for? To go wrist deep into slushy food and slurp it up!

Why would you use a thing like this?

Imagine putting YOUR dinner into one of those mesh bags you put washing powder tablets in and then trying to gum/suck your dinner out of it???

NO way shock

ps are you a troll? If so - very very funny thread...

mindy27 Thu 18-Sep-08 23:21:27

save some money as asda sell them for a few quid,exactly same thing, i got 1 used it once n never bothered again, i certainly wouldnt enjoy suckin on it so cant b nice 4 dd either!!

Gingerbear Thu 18-Sep-08 23:22:19

Oh, my, I am embarrassed to say I bought something similar for £4 - stuffed it full of fruit pieces to stop DS choking before he got the hang of chewing.

A right mare to clean and made more mess than if I just mashed fruit up and let him squidge it between his fingers.
You can have mine if you like, but please don't waste money on one!

Aitch Thu 18-Sep-08 23:23:23

some people like them, to be fair. imo you're better of going to an infant resus course for free to learn what to do if they pick something up off the floor and choke, than trying to legislate for everything that they're eating iykwim?

loveshopping Thu 18-Sep-08 23:24:57

Think i'll leave it then. Saw one in a blooming marvellous shop and thought it seemed a good idea to stop DD choking on fruit but guess you have to let them experiment. And no, am not a troll

MrsJamin Fri 19-Sep-08 15:00:06

most important thing to do is to offer the fruits with easiest textures first if they are self-feeding, to minimise the risk of choking. I'd say start with soft fruits like nectarines, plums, peaches, then banana, then you can move on to more solid fruits like pear & grape. DS still hasn't had apple at 8.5MO as I don't think his chewing skills are up to it yet.

Podster Fri 19-Sep-08 16:06:02

loveshopping I got one of these in Sainsbury's for a couple of pounds. I found it really helped my dd when teething, much nicer to suck/chomp on a cold piece of pear than a plastic ring. I also think it is a good way to introduce them to new tastes and my dd really liked it and got v. excited whenver she had it.

loveshopping Fri 19-Sep-08 17:08:41

thanks for that podster, I thought as most people thought it was rubbish, I wouldn't bother but would rather she got the taste of fruit and you can't give pieces of apple to a 6 month old. I really appreciate all the advice - good and bad

Aitch Sun 21-Sep-08 22:15:00

weeeeeeell... you can give a piece of steamed apple to a six-month-old. and apples, as jeanette winterson didn't say, are not the only fruit. apricots, peaches, oranges, tangerines, halved grapes, anything you like really... all fine to hand to a 6-month-old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now