Talk

Advanced search

booster seat or highchair for beginning weaning?

(6 Posts)
deaconblue Tue 16-Sep-08 11:50:19

Used a highchair for ds but they take up so much room I'd rather get dd a booster seat when we start weaning her in a few weeks. Are 6 month olds ok in a booster? Can't seem to find one on the market with a highchair style 5 point harness.

carmenelectra Tue 16-Sep-08 11:57:30

I bought a booster from Next as i didnt want more junk taking up room in the house! It would be fine from 6 mths, my ds went in about 5mths ish. However, although its absolutely fine i do regret buying it and wish id bough a regular highchair because ours is fitted permanently to a dining chair which means we have one less chair. It depends if you have a spare chair really i think. It obviously does save a lot of space

Huggle Tue 16-Sep-08 12:01:54

We had one of these from Mothercare.

Says from 6 months. It has a 3-pt harness. Could you perhaps attach your own harness (ie those you buy as reins - which come with highchair attachments)?

Can't remember what age we used it from, but we did use one of these foam inserts

Alternatively, if you have a sturdy table, I have used one of those clip-on high chairs in a restaurant, or what about stg like the Tripp Trapp? Ours fits neatly under the table (spare chair in garage) - and now it's been made into a normal chair, any of us can use it, if necessary!

Upwind Tue 16-Sep-08 12:04:27

This one says it should be okay from six months

www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Price-Healthy-Care-Booster-Seat/dp/B0002VZ21E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby&qid= 1221562818&sr=1-1

I wonder if they would have a shorter useful life than a normal highchair though?

MrsJamin Tue 16-Sep-08 15:04:27

I have a Handysitt from www.Backinaction.co.uk - looks smarter than the other boosters and means DS can come right up to the table. Having said that, he does make a lot of mess, and sometimes I wonder whether having a tray would be easier. I like the Handysitt but it's quite pricey at around £60.

sannie Tue 16-Sep-08 20:52:21

I have the Fisher Price one Upwind posted....

I used it for ds1 and now it's out of the cellar for ds2......so it has lasted well

I just started using it with ds2 (8 months) and he's fine....I wouldn't have used it on hm before then though and he couldn't sit up properly...\I was using a bouncy chair....

I think booster seats are great, they are hard wearing, take up less space and are cheaper.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now