Talk

Advanced search

Shreddies

(13 Posts)
babyOcho Mon 15-Sep-08 23:46:20

We are giving DD Shreddies with EBM for brekkie tomorrow. How many Shreddies do you give your LO?

DP thinks 4, I don't eat the stuff.

babyOcho Mon 15-Sep-08 23:46:51

Forgot to add, we started BLW just over a week ago and she is 6mo.

nappyaddict Tue 16-Sep-08 01:25:45

i personally wouldn't give shreddies cos of the sugar/salt in them.

how about shredded wheat bitesize instead and also porridge pancakes

ds likes puffed wheat but they are a bit difficult until they have a good pincer grip.

fortyplus Tue 16-Sep-08 01:28:56

Give Weetabix not Shreddies - agree with NA that Shressies have too much salt & sugar for a baby. Presume it's a baby if EBM?

fortyplus Tue 16-Sep-08 01:29:44

OOPS - sorry - missed post that she's 6mo. No... def not Shreddies then!

nappyaddict Tue 16-Sep-08 01:32:52

personally i would give weetabix a miss too for the same reasons. also weetabix will probably be difficult for a BLW'd baby who is only just starting out.

S1ur Tue 16-Sep-08 01:32:56

I think for tomorrow whatever you choose will be fine, four sounds reasonable yo certainly aren't going to do any harm with that smile

In future though, if you want an opinion about food, and if you're looking to set up regular breakfast fare, yes porridge is ace, but messy grin

There's toast and scrambled egg if you can be arsed.

Or of the cereals...
Weetabix are the least sugar and salt, followed by oatabix which are good because of size and ease.

Have an experiment, nothing is irreversible at this point so you may as wel experimentsmile

fortyplus Tue 16-Sep-08 01:39:03

I've just checked the cereal packets and Weetabix has got just as much salt as Shreddies. Only about a quarter of the sugar, though!

nappyaddict Tue 16-Sep-08 01:40:01

weetabix isn't the lowest. shredded wheat and puffed wheat have no salt or sugar whatsoever.

babyOcho Tue 16-Sep-08 08:18:22

i think i'll go back to toast this morning and think about the cereal for another day.

i am not the cereal person this the house, makes me gag, the cereal man has gone to work.

porridge pancakes look interesting..

nappyaddict Tue 16-Sep-08 08:30:03

ds also loves yoghurt, eggy bread, boiled egg with soldiers, scrambled egg on toast, poached egg on toast, omelette, crumpets, muffins.

when he goes to my nan's he gets homemade pork and apple sausages which he thinks are great. i can't make them for him here cos i haven't got a food processor yet so it's a special treat.

occasionally we have hash browns, potato waffles, bacon, pancakes but i'm not really one for cooking at breakfast time unless it's sunday morning when we don't have anything to do.

babyOcho Thu 18-Sep-08 19:30:16

OK, how to make porridge pancakes with no microwave?

nappyaddict Fri 19-Sep-08 09:44:28

make porridge the night before. pour into a shallow dish. leave to set overnight in the fridge then cut up in the morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now