Talk

Advanced search

baby led weaning - confused - well i am anyway

(10 Posts)
jammi Sun 14-Sep-08 22:48:06

Message withdrawn

EyeballsintheSky Sun 14-Sep-08 22:52:27

Just keep doing what you're doing. Sounds great. AFAIK, all you need to avoid is salt, honey and softly cooked eggs (scrambled is fine). Someone will doubtless be along to correct me if I'm wrong.

BTW can I come to yours for tea? I really fancy roasties with garlic and rosemary

mawbroon Sun 14-Sep-08 23:13:10

Is there a history of any allergies in your family?

If so, then there are guidelines regarding delaying certain foods until they are a wee bit older. Can't remember them off the top of my head, but things like no eggs or fish until 12months.

I think if no allergies, then you can pretty much give them anything.

mawbroon Sun 14-Sep-08 23:13:59

Pretty much anything - within reason of course! Common sense is a great asset to have when it comes to weaning! grin

Aitch Sun 14-Sep-08 23:16:22

mmmmmmm, sounds delicious. smile

cmotdibbler Mon 15-Sep-08 11:57:05

Yep, just let him scrounge off your plate - anything goes !

We'll all be round for dinner now of course grin

jammi Mon 15-Sep-08 12:13:04

Message withdrawn

Aitch Mon 15-Sep-08 12:18:30

tbh right, schmight, you just need to do what's best and easiest and most enjoyable for you and the family.

i never worried a great deal about salt, insofar as i don't cook with it myself and therefore it was bread and cheese etc that i more kept an eye on. sometimes i did find myself either rinsing or sooking sauces off bits and pieces though. cools it down, removes a bit of salt, it's all good. smile

cmotdibbler Mon 15-Sep-08 12:25:33

If you don't normally add salt, don't do lots of prepacked food, then the odd bit of gravy or sauce won't do any harm at all. I sucked off some sauce, but that was more in a mess reduction effort than anything. I am scummy mummy, and apart from not using salt (and prising the soy sauce from him), I never worried about it - on the general principle that I wanted DS to enjoy a wide variety of food, and not letting him eat what we did was going to put up 'child' and 'adult' food boundaries.

You can do either with wheetabix - they can just stick their hands in it wet and suck it off, or gnaw it dry. We tended to do shreddies or mini shredded wheat with milk as they are less messy

Aitch Mon 15-Sep-08 12:28:39

i believe little raisin wheats are also popular, dd never had weetabix, that stuff dries like cement.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now