Talk

Advanced search

How do you stop baby from flinging bowl off highchair onto floor?

(16 Posts)
fruitcorner Sun 07-Sep-08 22:08:59

DD2 likes to feed herself with hands or jab around with spoon which is fine. How can I stop her flinging bowl and contents on floor? Some food I have to serve to her in bowl and not just put on her highchair tray e.g spag bol. What do others do?

JodieG1 Sun 07-Sep-08 22:10:13

I put all food on the hightchair, spag bol included. I did BLW and so it was always normal food and fingers were used.

threetinytots Sun 07-Sep-08 22:11:58

My dd refuses to be spoon fed. So she has the bowl. Flings it on the floor when finished with the contents. We only give her messy food in the evening, so she gets bathed straight after and we let the dog in to clean the mess on the floor!

onepieceoflollipop Sun 07-Sep-08 22:12:41

Everything straight onto the tray.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Sun 07-Sep-08 22:14:04

the same as ttt my dog cleans up the mess!! she only throws the bowl when it is empty or she is very tired. she is a very good eater.

i dont know how you would stop her throwing the bowl other than what jg1 suggested, all food straight onto the tray.

seeker Sun 07-Sep-08 22:15:22

You can't - it's a developmental stage they all go through. I have heard that a labrador is very useful......

LittleMyDancing Sun 07-Sep-08 22:16:42

stick bowl to tray (you can buy ones with suckers)

put food on tray

give up

grin

MrsBadger Sun 07-Sep-08 22:19:35

everythign straight on tray

she will not fade away without yoghurt

nolongerchunkybutstillapudding Tue 09-Sep-08 17:27:14

bowl with suckers is no match for my ds! gets it straight off!

food on the tray only option (although of course then they fling it off bit by bit grin)

psychomum5 Tue 09-Sep-08 17:28:50

superglue

tis the only way

wink

SpookyMadMummy Tue 09-Sep-08 18:28:30

Part of weaning that they chuck it all over the floor!! grin

Normal stage of development!

Caz10 Tue 09-Sep-08 21:46:52

we have a high chair without tray so dd smears her food all over our table!

no bowl, and we tried a mat thing but it was useless!

fruitcorner Tue 09-Sep-08 22:14:19

Thanks for all the messages - I don't mind the flinging so much I just wish she would wait to finish the food before flinging the bowl! i have tried suckers and mat etc.
Anyway I shall just have to accept it as a normal stage and be proud of the latest milestone she has reached in her development!

Philamenus Sun 21-Jun-15 08:25:01

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Artandco Sun 21-Jun-15 08:28:12

We watched carefully, at an attempt to throw we removed bowl and said no throwing and shock our heads. Returned bowl. If they repeated bowl was taken out of reach and they were give one piece/ one spoon full at a time.
It worked well as only lasted a few days with both before they didn't attempt to throw bowl. Same thing down if they threw toys/ books/ anything

squizita Tue 23-Jun-15 09:31:28

Bought an anti lop and some tommy Tippee wipes and a huge bib. She eats straight off the tray.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now