Talk

Advanced search

Still on Bottles @ 22 Months

(4 Posts)
sonofabaz Wed 03-Sep-08 16:20:34

Hi,

My wife and I are having some issues with our gorgeous Daughter. She currently eats a reasonable amount of solids for breakfast, and then is off to Nursery where she has a varied (if sounding a little cheap) diet throughout the day. When she gets home, she has dinner with us (whatever we are eating) and then we start the routine for getting ready for bed for about 7.30/8pm. Trouble is, this is when she starts crying "Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilk" and usually ends up with a full bottle (9oz)to send her off to sleep. We then put her to bed, and by about 11pm she wakes up and cries out for more milk. This usually sends her back off to sleep. When is a good time to break the milk dependency? I don't want to go "cold Turkey" on her as I think that's going to be unpleasant, but that might just be cause I am a soft touch. Any suggestions on how we can move her off the formula gratefully received!

Ben

bubblagirl Wed 03-Sep-08 16:53:10

im not sure my ds is 3.3 and still has his cup of milk for bed and im not going to stop as he loves it and is a comfort he wont drink milk any other time so only time i know his getting some

maybe if its in a bottle try and change to a big girls cup and can be left in her bed and cant drink so fast out of it either

Holymoly321 Wed 03-Sep-08 17:41:57

Hi there, have you tried giving her just water when she wakes up at 11pm crying for milk and explaining that milk is for daytime/out of bed etc? You may find that she then gives up waking up at 11pm if she knows she's not going to get milk. Also, don't panic about it being unpleasant, it's for her own good as well as yours and prob won't be half as bad as you may think. Good luck with whatever you try. i wouldn't worry about the bottle before bed, DS1 is nearly 3 and still have a beaker of warm milk before bed - adults do it so why shouldn't a toddler?

bubblagirl Wed 03-Sep-08 18:01:44

yes forgot to say we had cup of water beside the bed for ds

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now