Talk

Advanced search

18+ week old not interested in milk anymore

(2 Posts)
Kaybeeand2boys Wed 03-Sep-08 08:22:22

DS2 has gone from having 6-7 oz of formula per feed to only wanting about 3-4. After that he stops and refuses to have any more. Then he cries and winges and moans like he is still hungry but will not have more milk. Not sure what to do as am worried he's not getting enough to eat as is quite a big baby, weighs about 16lb.

Should I try baby rice? Or wait another couple of weeks until the 'magic' 20 week mark.......

Never had this prob with DS1 who polished off 7-8 oz every feed without exception even when I started weaning...

MrsJamin Wed 03-Sep-08 13:31:42

Don't try baby rice. The 'magic' mark is not 20 weeks (not sure where you'd heard of that?) but 26 weeks - i.e. 6 months. Please wait until then as the dept of health says so and you can't be sure that his gut is ready to accept solids until 6 months.

Babies are funny things that sometimes aren't so hungry - perhaps teething? My DS had teeth through at 4 and a half months and was teething for 6 weeks before that- perhaps that's the reason? Solids won't resolve anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now