Talk

Advanced search

10 months, can I cut out daytime bf?

(4 Posts)
nobodytoldme Sun 31-Aug-08 23:29:20

DS is eating solids quite well now and has very little interest in milk during the day unless he is tired or poorly. He drinks a little formula from a cup, maybe 2 or 3 oz at a time. At the minute he is bf first thing (7am), mid afternoon and before bed. Then usually once during the night. He is taking less and less in the morning and I know he wouldn't be to bothered if I drop the afternoon bf.
I am also going back to work in a few weeks so would like him to be happily weaned during the day by then when he will be nearly 1 yo.
Is this enough milk for him if he just takes 4 or 5 oz during the day?
BF weaning is darn confusing!

nobodytoldme Mon 01-Sep-08 19:09:18

vitomum Mon 01-Sep-08 19:13:59

my ds is also 10 months and just bf'ing in a similar pattern to yours. he only has a fewsips from a cup but has yogurt, cheese etc. i am quite happy with this as like you am going back to work in 2 months (in fact are you me!). I really think if he needed more bfhe would let you know. all sounds good to me

pushchair Mon 01-Sep-08 19:14:05

According to my experience;
10 month old could cut BF during the day AND night
However I think you may get some different advice from the commited BFers
My DDs all had dropped all BFs by end of ten months and were on formula and food. Hope this helps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now