Talk

Advanced search

berries and babies

(4 Posts)
loisstella Sun 31-Aug-08 18:16:14

my daughter has shown an interest in food from when she was 3 months old. Now a month into this she eats absolutely everything; mash it up, stick it on a spoon and she'll have it.

I was making her some fruit 'icecubes' today and had some raspberries which I cooked and added to cooked apple and mashed banana. I suddenly remembered that strawberries are a no-no (allthough Ella's kitchen do one of their pouches with strawberries) but I can't really find any other info on other berries; is it safe to give her the mix I made?

Seona1973 Sun 31-Aug-08 19:50:14

if your lo was over 6 months then yes she could have the mixture. Strawberries and raspberries can be allergenic which is why it is advised to wait till over 6 months. From the babycentre website:

Strawberries and aspberries

Seed fruits can occasionally cause an allergic reaction in children. Wait until your baby is six months before giving them. Allergic reactions to these types of fruit and vegetables are usually mild, and often just affect the mouth, causing some itching or a rash where the food touches the lips and mouth. This is called oral allergy syndrome.

Seona1973 Sun 31-Aug-08 19:51:34

that was supposed to say raspberries of course

loisstella Sun 31-Aug-08 22:00:27

thanks so much for this. Very very helpful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now