Talk

Advanced search

BLW, 9mnths old, Now not eating....

(7 Posts)
DanJARMouse Sun 31-Aug-08 17:24:02

Can anyone offer any advice?

DS is just 9mnths, have been BLW from 6mnths.

Typical day is

breakfast spoon fed by us or toast fed by himself.

Snack of fruit or biscuit

Lunch of sandwich/toast fruit etc

Snack of fruit or biscuit

Dinner of whatever we are having.

He has 7oz of milk when he first wakes in the morning, again at about 10am and 3pm and then bedtime of 6.30pm

For the last week or so, he has barely touched anything we have offered. Has just cut his first 2 teeth (last week), and was sick on friday night, but otherwise been fine.

All we can get him to eat is yoghurt.

Im getting a little worried, do I need to get him checked or will he start eating again?

I should know all this, but DD1 wasnt BLW, and DD2 is a human dustbin!

ruddynorah Sun 31-Aug-08 17:29:11

he's a bit ill, on the mend though. does he have plenty milk still? if so then no wories.

DanJARMouse Sun 31-Aug-08 17:30:08

4 7oz bottles a day.

should i try offering more milk?

PavlovtheCat Sun 31-Aug-08 17:32:33

If he is drinking milk, I would not worry too much. DD still has off days, several at a time, where we start getting worried and it then sorts itself out. Often coincides with a growth spurt for some reason!

ruddynorah Sun 31-Aug-08 17:33:29

if he's having 4 bottles of milk fine and yoghurt then it does suggest he has an appetite it's jut his teeth hurt so he doesn't want chewy things as normal, just easy stuff.

DanJARMouse Sun 31-Aug-08 17:37:01

thats great, thank you.

I think i just get a little PFB over him sometimes.

Lets hope he starts eating again soon, im bored of wasted food.

PavlovtheCat Sun 31-Aug-08 20:47:50

Dan - there will be lots more!
Just offer a small amount for now, then not too much is wasted.

Nothing wrong with checking out concerns, and nothing wrong with being a bit PFB over your PFB.

I do it all the time. The first time DD was sick, as in vomiting across the room, it coincided with her falling from a chair and landing on her head earlier that day. Completely unrelated, but I was at casualty anyway after talking to NHS direct. DH thought I was mad as it was a Friday at Midnight when I went!!! But it was the first time it had ever happened. Now I know what her being violently sick is like so know if it is/is not serious grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now