Talk

Advanced search

Annabel Karmel food grinder

(13 Posts)
lauraloola Sat 30-Aug-08 18:35:12

Does anyone have one? Does it really puree food for first tastes?

lauraloola Sat 30-Aug-08 18:35:36

Sorry, meant to put its the one that Boots and Mothercare are selling for around £8.

Seona1973 Sat 30-Aug-08 19:24:55

I bought one and never used it so cant give a review. I did have a cheap hand blender and that worked fine even for first purees.

broguemum Sat 30-Aug-08 20:50:42

I wouldn't bother with a food grinder TBH. Having said that I did I have a Chicco Baby Papa steamer / mixer when DD was weaning and I used it every day - I thought it was fab. However with DS we are BLW and I have given my Chicco Baby Pappa thingie away to a friend... Mashing with a fork seems to work for us now (but he is a poor neglected second child...blush) .

lauraloola Sat 30-Aug-08 20:59:00

Thanks. I did wonder if it wouldnt be any good on fine purees. I will have another look at hand blenders x

MrsJamin Sun 31-Aug-08 07:57:52

I wouldn't bother with purees at all! It's quite unnecessary if you wait until they can feed themselves around 6 months.

LunarSea Sun 31-Aug-08 18:55:16

Have one for sale if you're looking for one. Also food cubes for freezing purees.

hughjarssss Sun 31-Aug-08 18:59:24

I choose to do purees instead of BLW.

I brought a braun hand blender and a three tier steamer. This was all I needed.

moocowme Sun 31-Aug-08 19:44:54

you need to have smooth food for such a short time we found after 4 weeks that grated veg and mash was just fine.

Egg Sun 31-Aug-08 19:49:17

I have one and use it quite a lot. It(IME) does not make purees very smooth, but no lumps as such just a bit thick IYSWIM. I have twins and find that everytime I give them BLW style food, one or both of them chokes and pukes and I am getting so fed up with it I am sticking to the mush for now with the odd bit of cooked broccoli thrown in.

min912 Sun 31-Aug-08 21:17:49

I had one and hated it, nightmare to clean I found, plus the puree seemed to splurt out the top if you applied too much pressure... complained to Boots in the end and got money and a voucher back!

Personally I would use a hand blender.

MrsJamin Mon 01-Sep-08 09:15:36

Egg, you probably mean that one of your twins gagged - choking is when they stop breathing and I doubt they did that. Gagging is a normal reflex that calms down after a while.

Egg Mon 01-Sep-08 14:16:52

Um yes, I did mean gagged. Sorry for not being more precise hmm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now