Talk

Advanced search

i cant get my baby to drink his milk since having solids..

(5 Posts)
Han88 Thu 28-Aug-08 19:27:38

Hi!
I am new to this site and just stumbled accross it. I need help!!
My baby is 5 and a half months old... i started weaning at 4 months and he loves his solids. he is currently eating 3 to 5 jars of food a day and was still drinking 24oz milk until sunday... MJ is refusing to drink his milk and sticks his tongue out when the bottle comes towards him and will only consume 7 to 15oz a day.
i think he could be teething too!
please give advise because i am so worried about him.

likessleep Thu 28-Aug-08 20:17:46

are you trying the milk prior to giving him the solids? (i.e. when he is at his hungriest)
have you tried reducing the amount of solids slightly, just to see if it is an appetite thing?
but then, if he is teething, that could be unsettling him.
sorry not much help, but good luck

2point4kids Thu 28-Aug-08 20:23:00

I tried posting the same question earlier today and nobody answered me!
I guess its not a common problem!

BeachBunni Fri 29-Aug-08 08:59:02

Mine did this as soon as he started solids too. It usually only lasts for a couple of weeks and they tend to go back on the milk again. During any periods my ds is off his milk, I try to up his intake by mixing it into his cereal. Also just ensure that they are getting enough calcium and iron through their food as that's the main reason they still need their milk.

Han88 Sat 30-Aug-08 14:03:56

kk thanks for the advice... i have cut down his food intake and seems to be drinking more milk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now