Talk

Advanced search

poor milk drinker dropping lunchtime feed.

(6 Posts)
frootloop Fri 22-Aug-08 17:14:31

hi,
ive been weaning ds(6m) for about 3/4 weeks now and he has started refusing his 2pm bottle.

my problem is is that he has never been a good milk drinker and he is only on 20oz a day. if he drops his lunchtime bottle he will only be on 15oz a day and the recommendation is a minimum of 18oz a day until 1yr.

am i worrying about nothing or should i make one of his meals baby rice made with formula to make sure he gets his milk, i asked the HV but she was useless.

does anyone have any advice?

cheesychips Fri 22-Aug-08 17:33:25

His intake can include milk in food. Does he eat cereal yoghurts etc

frootloop Fri 22-Aug-08 18:40:45

i thought the 18oz until 1yr meant formula or breast milk?

i havn't given youghurt yet, im following annabel karmel as i have no clue about weaning.

Dalrymps Fri 22-Aug-08 18:51:57

It does count if in his food. I am under a dietician at the moment for ds as he is a slow eight gainer and not too bothered about milk, also quite fussy with food. She advised to give the following made with his formula

baby rice/cereal
mashed potato
cheese sauces
fish poached in his milk
cheese sauces
custard
rice pudding
etc

So maybe if he'll only take 15 oz just try to give him food like that 3 times a day along side whatever else he has. For example Baby rice with fruit, mash potato and veg etc

cheesychips Fri 22-Aug-08 23:11:23

My DS has weetabix with about 4oz of milk, so you can make it up that way.

frootloop Sat 23-Aug-08 07:55:55

ta muchly everyone, i'll write these ideas in my recipe book.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now