Talk

Advanced search

sweet gums!

(5 Posts)
blondiep14 Fri 22-Aug-08 13:21:16

DS is 28 weeks and we have been weaning (ina V relaxed manner) since he was 26 weeks.
He is BF and refuses to eat anything savoury! I have done carrott, parsnip and sweet potato with no luck, mixed with my milk, no luck!
He like baby porridge and LOVES fromage frais but just shudders when I give him anything remotely savoury then cries and refuses to open his mouth! I haven't pushed it as I am hoping it's not really important at the moment but when do they start liking/tolerating savoury??!
I give him bread and cheese etc to feed himself as well but this doesn't seem to make them any more attractive!

blondiep14 Fri 22-Aug-08 22:22:21

helooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, anybody there ???!

tiktok Sat 23-Aug-08 12:59:25

blondie, your baby is still a very new 'weanling'....you're right not to push things as his 'job' at the moment is just to get used to the idea that there are different tastes and textures and ways of getting food in, other than breastmilk and breastfeeding

It is absolutely not important at all at the moment, just as you suspect.

In time, he will increase his repertoire. Just keep offering him different foods to hold, explore and lick, and he will get there

BabiesEverywhere Sat 23-Aug-08 14:09:37

Babies take solids in at their own pace, we found Baby Led Weaning very useful.

Based on finger food rather than purees and allows your child to eat how and when he wants to.

HTH

blondiep14 Sun 24-Aug-08 09:10:20

Thanks for the replies. I am offering finger food as well, but the dog ends up with most of that!
Will try to keep stressing minimal and avoid the baby clinic for a while - last time we went she was very condescending because I was still breastfeeding angry, DS had slipped a teeny bit under 50th %ile so she said it was a good job I'd started solids. Don't see how they're going to make him put weight on, if I was worried about him (I'm not) I'd offer more milk surely???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now