Talk

Advanced search

Does this sound like an okay lunch for a 10 month old? And what to do with flipping avacado...

(8 Posts)
StellaWasADiver Thu 21-Aug-08 12:24:10

Am just having the usual mother's guilt and a bit of doubt over what I feed DS - and how much he eats, or doesn't eat.

Today I am giving him:
6 rice cakes with avacado (bleurgh)
Steamed babycorn and asparagus (!!! because I can't stand the stuff)
halved grapes, red and green
plum
a biscuit if he isn't fed up by then maybe watermelon if he eats none of the fruit as he will always make room for this, if nothing else...

Should I be giving more carbs? More fibre?

Also I can't stand slimy squidgy avacado but have loads left, what else can I do with it?

Of the above a good 2/3 will end up on the floor... I wish he ate more.

Seona1973 Thu 21-Aug-08 13:01:51

at that age I gave ds a sandwich and some fruit. sounds like an awful lot of fruit/veg for one meal (or maybe I just dont give mine enough wink)

gingerninja Thu 21-Aug-08 13:08:51

To be honest, it's probably fine because they don't eat a lot at this age but there isn't a lot of protein in there. What about some cheese cubes or some chunks of meat.

I mash avocado up with philadephia and a squeeze of lemon and use it for a dip with bread sticks or pitta.

I think stick to small portions though, my DD used to get a bit overwhelmed if she was presented with too much in one go.

StellaWasADiver Thu 21-Aug-08 13:10:52

Oh it is hopeless, it is ALL on the floor anyway.

I don't think he has eaten an entire mouthful of ANYTHING.

<stressed>

MrsJamin Thu 21-Aug-08 13:14:32

I'm with you on this, DS doesn't seem to be eating much at the moment. I'm putting it down to teething. hmm I think though that it could do with more carbs/protein though. It's really hard to get a balanced diet isn't it? I'm struggling.

gingerninja Thu 21-Aug-08 13:16:02

Relax, he will eventually. Just keep presenting different options to explore. Think of it as messy play time! It's all a learning experience. What about chopping up a banana with a blob of custard on the top and let him get really messy.

They get all the nutrients they need from milk at this age so if he's taking milk I wouldn't worry too much.

Are you sitting with him to eat? They love to mimic and it would be good for him to see you eating so he can copy.

megcleary Thu 21-Aug-08 13:20:23

i am the same as you about dd she is a year today and got the book my child won't eat fromamazon and it chilled me out loads

nippersnappers Thu 21-Aug-08 13:28:39

Have you tried him with Avacado mashed with banana!!!!

My two loved it when they were weaning.

Sounds horrible, but it really is quite delish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now