Talk

Advanced search

From purees to BLW..... ow do you know they have eaten enough...

(3 Posts)
Mine Tue 19-Aug-08 14:41:04

Hello
I started DS on purees when he was 6 months old, but at almost 10 months old now, i think he's outgrown mummy feeding him and prefers to feed himself. I'm all for this, i love watching him eat with such gusto but i'm never sure as to whether he has eaten enough of a 'portion size' or got enough vitamins from the small amount he will eat... IYKWIM....??

And it takes AGES!! Not so worried about the mess, its more the amount of food he's eating...

He'll eat a small handful of pasta bows, a few peas, sweetcorn or whatever is put in front of him, but it looks a lot less than a portion size of food i would give him if i fed using a spoon.

Do i have to give him a bottle of milk before or after he has fed himself his lunch and dinner to make up for it..?
Am i making any sense!!??
Will i ever stop worrying!

Thanks for reading my rambings thus far
x

Pheebe Tue 19-Aug-08 18:32:47

Hello
DS2 is 9 months now and we've done a mix of purees and blw from the start really. I wouldn't worry too much about amounts so long as he's enjoying himself and is open to trying new things. While they're still under one solids should be all about fun and exploration rather than nutrition. I tend to alternate meals and bottles so he's hungry for each

7.30 breakfast (fruity porridge)
8ish milk
10.30 milk + snack
12ish lunch
2.30 milk plus snack
5.00 tea
6.30 milk

4 good milk drinks plus meals and snacks interspersed between

worker great with ds1 who's nearly 4 and a great eater

o and no you'll never stop worrying grin

KnickersOnMaHead Tue 19-Aug-08 21:13:08

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now