Talk

Advanced search

Banana "ice cream"

(6 Posts)
chloemegjess Tue 19-Aug-08 12:55:51

Hi. I remember seeing one or 2 posts about using only banana and cream, to make an "ice cream" type thing that is suitable for babis. I would really like to make it this afternoon, can anybody tell me how? And is it "scoopable" when frozen (Ie can I freeze in one big container?)

How much cream do I use for how many bananas?

Thank you in advnace grin

georgiemum Tue 19-Aug-08 13:04:00

Try looking up www.annabelkarmel.com

PortAndLemon Tue 19-Aug-08 13:06:02

here from Scootergrrrl.

chloemegjess Tue 19-Aug-08 13:33:56

Georgiemum - i just looked there and couldnt fin it!

Potandlemon, thanks for that link. They are all ones you need to prepare each time though, using frozen chopped banana. Is there any that I can just make a batch off and feed straight from the freezer?

georgiemum Tue 19-Aug-08 14:11:05

I seem to remember doing this with just mashed up banana frozen into ice cube trays. Or you can mix mashed banana with custard and freeze.

I will have a look through my books. Sure it was AK though...

Tinkjon Wed 20-Aug-08 22:24:54

Sorry, this is a bit late - but it was me I pureed some banana and then just added some cream to it - I don't think the quantities make much difference as it will all freeze, regardless of the ratio of bananas to cream. It's easiest to puree the banana by itself, as the cream tends to thicken if you puree it altogether and then it's harder to pour. it is exactly the same texture as real ice-cream, so will be easily scoopable. But the best things I've found are some 'push-up' type of lolly molds that I bought from The Range - that way, your lo can hold it and feed themselves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now