Talk

Advanced search

When do I swap the protein lunch to the teatime meal?

(13 Posts)
twinmama Tue 19-Aug-08 12:24:20

My twins now 16 months old have their protein meal at lunch and at teatime - 5pm - have sandwiches etc.

I am confused as to when do I swap these around?

It would certainly make my life easier as at the moment I have to come home to reheat their lunch ready for 12:30.

Any advice greatley appreciated.

nowwearefour Tue 19-Aug-08 12:27:01

why cant you just doit now? i prefer main meal at lunch but srely no rules do what works for you?

ThatBigGermanPrison Tue 19-Aug-08 12:30:33

whenever you want. YOu are their mother, not Annabel Frigging Carmel.

There is no biological reason for a "protein lunch". feed them what you eat, when you eat, unless you are living on late night takeaways.

ruddynorah Tue 19-Aug-08 12:35:43

whenever you want. who said it has to be protein meal midday? is it a book you've read?

MegBusset Tue 19-Aug-08 12:37:47

Wtf is a 'protein meal'? Just give them sarnies at lunch and a hot meal at teatime, they'll be fine!

Seona1973 Tue 19-Aug-08 13:03:16

we did sandwiches at lunch and main meal at dinner time from when ds was about 9/10 months old. There are no set rules so do whatever suits you and your lo's.

EffiePerine Tue 19-Aug-08 13:22:27

try it and see

DS is better off with a bigger meal at lunchtime cos he never eats much at tea, but if an evening meal is easier go for it.

gegs73 Tue 19-Aug-08 13:28:02

I swopped DS2 round when he was about 9/10 months. I was worried about doing it as he was a good sleeper and didn't want to mess that up with different food (sounds mad I know)However, it caused no problems at all and he gobbled it up. I would go for it if its easier for you.

twinmama Tue 19-Aug-08 13:29:47

Just read all your messages, and they made me laugh!

Isn't it funny. No one tells you what to do when you have children, and the only advice/help you get are from books like annabel carmel and gina ford.

I have had them in routine from 6 weeks old, through gina ford. And now I find their routine is led by them.

Will try it and see what happens

Thankyou all smile

Tinkjon Wed 20-Aug-08 22:31:25

The first time around I did it all by the book (you;re right, nobody tells you what to do and you're supposed to have this instinct when in reality you haven't got a bloody clue what you're doing! ) But this time I didn't even bother to read anything about it (other than MN of course ) and it never occurred to me that they need protein at one meal only - that's a load of rubbish, imo Though oddly I do feel weird if I haven't given carbs at each meal... and if they're drinking milk then they're getting protein anyway, even without their solids taken into account. Just do whatever you want and as long as they have some protein every day then it doesn't matter when they have it.

megcleary Wed 20-Aug-08 22:38:01

i was told that given at the evening meal it gives them and unsettled tum and they didn't sleep well. an di do love that comment on instinct TJ i have bloody none and often feel like a shit mum but dd is one tomorrow and am all chuffed to have got thus far grin

Tinkjon Wed 20-Aug-08 22:44:56

It may have been a theory put about, meg, but personally I wouldnt' believe it. I'd say that some veg could upset stomachs far more than some proteins...

Yeah, it used to really irritate me when people said "just trust your instinct!" and I wanted to yell "But I have no instinct!!!" Congrats on DD being 1 tomorrow - enjoy the day!

megcleary Wed 20-Aug-08 22:47:18

we shall, am off to write the soppiest card now after a few glasses of wine will embaress her in later life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now