Talk

Advanced search

DD now cutting back her bedtime feed... should I give her less supper? Or just not stress about it...

(4 Posts)
designerbaby Mon 18-Aug-08 19:45:10

Hi all, having struggled for months to get DD eating solids she now is, with gusto... However, she's already dropped her milk feeds to the extent that she's only having a bottle now first thing in the morning and last thing at night (I still offer one in the mid-afternoon, but it's batted away, or she'll take an ounce at most...).

However, over the last couple of weeks she's only been taking 4oz at bedtime, instead of her usual 8oz, so I'm worried she's not getting enough milk.

I'm making sure she's having plenty of dairy elsewhere in her diet, (probably obsessively so) lots of yogurt, milky puddings, cheese sauce etc. But still, I'm uneasy about this most recent drop in milk intake.

Should I offer less solids at suppertime (or indeed throughout the day)? Cut out the milky puddings and hope that she replaces them with ACTUAL milk? Or just not worry about it in the slightest, after all, she's never been that keen on milk anyway...

She's otherwise doing well, gaining weight steadily (at last!!) crawling, standing reaching all milestones etc. and is happy and alert (although teething horribly at the mo.)

How much does the milk really matter??

db
xx

designerbaby Mon 18-Aug-08 19:46:00

She's 9 months, BTW...

SazzlesA Mon 18-Aug-08 19:55:51

Message withdrawn

sallyforth Tue 19-Aug-08 10:07:18

is it the teething? the pressure of the teat on their gums cn make them disinclined to feed, I've heard. Maybe try calgel just before her feed?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now