Talk

Advanced search

10 month old refusing breakfast - would you have offered something different?

(4 Posts)
HensMum Sun 17-Aug-08 09:02:22

My 10 month old DS has been a great eater up till now, eats everything that's offered to him and so is between the 91st and 98th centile.
However, he seems to be getting a bit more fussy. This morning I gave him chopped tropical fruit with his Oatibix rather than the usual banana and he wouldn't eat it all - spat it out, blew raspberries, turned his head etc. I tried for a bit then gave up. Feel a little bit guilty that I didn't make him something else but I don't want him to think that he can act up at mealtimes and get something else. I was brought up to eat what was on my plate and be grateful for it!
Am I being too tough on him? Just don't know how I should handle it as he's never refused food before!

meep Sun 17-Aug-08 09:08:19

he's only 10mo and was probably expecting banana if that's what he's used to. He must have got a wee shock grin!

Try him with the chopped tropical fruit separately and gradually move it into his Oatabix once he's happy with it.

At 10mo he won't understand the concept of eating what is on his plate and being greateful!

My dd won't tolerate her foods mixed together - likes one thing at a time (a bit like me!)

HensMum Sun 17-Aug-08 09:27:41

He has had that fruit before and enjoyed it. Maybe just not for breakfast...

littleducks Sun 17-Aug-08 09:30:37

I might not have immediately offered something else but offered something after 30 mins or so, but then i guess if dd didnt et at that age i always thought she wasnt hungry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now