Talk

Advanced search

What do you give your child for lunch?

(9 Posts)
helips Thu 14-Aug-08 15:27:15

My ds loves sandwiches for his lunch and I must say it is an easy option! At the moment I have given him cheese sandwiches, pitta with cream cheese and carrot and cream cheese and marmite sandwiches. Basically, anything with cheese! Anyway, just wanted some more tried and tested sandwich fillings and other lunch options so that Im not giving him the same thing all the time. He's 1 next week so pretty much any food goes now, right?

tokentotty Thu 14-Aug-08 15:36:31

My DS1 is one next Tuesday and tends to have his main meal of the day at lunchtime. We currently have in the freezer: Lasagne, pasta bolognese, lamb stew and fish in parsley sauce. Also, I have a bag of cubes of mixed veg mash to go with any of the above if required or just on it's own with cheese for tea.

Hth ?

wasabipeanut Thu 14-Aug-08 15:36:44

I'd say so. I actually give my ds his "main" meal for lunch so chicken or fish with mash or something starchy and something green. Or pasta with bolognese or somthing like that. Plus usually some bread and butter and fruit or yog/f frais for pud.

I tend to give things like scrambled egg, sandwiches or veggie stuff for tea. Sometimes fish if he hasn't had that for lunch.

He's 11mo and like his food grin

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Thu 14-Aug-08 15:42:43

ham sandwhiches, muller fruit corner and jaffa cake bar.

they were at my nan's so allowed a treat. its usually sarnies with side salad or burgers with sliced peppers. or cheese and brocolli pasta

sarah293 Thu 14-Aug-08 15:46:52

Message withdrawn

StellaWasADiver Thu 14-Aug-08 15:54:04

I tend to give DS bits and pieces at lunch - carrot or cucumber sticks, steamed babycorn or sugarsnap peas, rice cakes or pitta and hoummous, or toast, chunks of watermelon or some blueberries, raisins. Or soup poured over slices of french bread, or some chopped steak with a couple of new potatoes.

gingerninja Thu 14-Aug-08 16:04:55

Home made soup? I make it very lumpy so it's easier for Lo to eat. (she's two mind so maybe that's not appropriate for you). Also pasta and pesto.

Sandwiches are easy aren't they although my DD won't eat them. Prefers crackers which probably have absolutely no nutritional value in at all.

She always has chunks of cucumber, tomatoes often cheese and ham. so a sandwich without the bread.

I'd like some new ideas actually so will continue to watch

dairymoo Thu 14-Aug-08 17:38:47

our fave sarnie fillings are:

tuna & sweetcorn mayo
mashed sardines
avocado & banana
hummous (sometimes add avocado too)
smoked mackerel pate (mashed mackerel and cream cheese)

i agree, sandwiches are so easy!

helips Thu 14-Aug-08 19:36:56

Thanks for the suggestions! I prefer to give ds his main meal in the evening so he has a nice full belly before bed. Also sandwiches are easy when you are out and about! I haven't given avocado yet so will try that, he loves egg too so might give him egg and mayonaise tomorrow, mmmm I'm getting hungry just thinking about it! Off to make dinner...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now