Talk

Advanced search

10 month old girl who sicks up savoury solids

(3 Posts)
clbird70 Wed 13-Aug-08 22:46:38

Hello, I am at my wits end. I need some advice.
My daughter Olivia is 10 months old and will not eat savoury solids unless I disguise them with yoghurt. I started weaning her at around 6 months old and started with creamed porridge and rice. Then I gave her Fruitapura (which she loves and wolfs down) and also giving her Yoghurts. When i have tried to give her things like potatoes, savoury food, proper dinners she has one mouth full and is sick.
I am at my wits end as to how to progress from here. She still has her SMA Progress of 4 bottles (approx 700ml) but I am concerned I will never get her to eat proper food. I have even tried giving her finger foods and she sticks them in her mouth and is then sick.
Please any advice/help would be much appreciated. My helath visitor is revisiting again in a couple of weeks to see how she is doing. She is just below the 50th centile so not underweight which they are not concerned about.
Please help

Pheebe Sat 16-Aug-08 08:51:47

They might just be too 'heavy' for her

Try taking a step back and give her individual veg purees. Start with the sweeter veg (carrots, parsnip, butternut squash) and then perhaps mix veg and fruit (apple and carrot, apple and parsnip, butternut squash and pear)

DS2 still struggles with 'white' potato, he much prefers sweet potatoe. he's alsa loving brocolli, cauliflower, courgette, peas, sweetcorn. We're also starting to add flaked white fish, minced chicken etc. Could also try offering grated cheese, toast with various topping

DS1 was the same and he was about 18 months before he had what I would call a 'meal'

What about BLW? She might do better if she's feeding herself

clbird70 Tue 19-Aug-08 22:46:04

Thank you for your suggestions. I will give it a try. I have read up a lot about this BLW and I have tried putting some organics tomato crisps in front of her - she loved messing about with them but then after gumming them and a piece coming off she was then sick.
I will keep persevering and keep updates on here
xxwink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now