Talk

Advanced search

Curry recipe

(7 Posts)
MrsAlwaysRight Wed 13-Aug-08 15:58:06

Does anyone have a recipe for curry suitable for DD 11 months? Thanks in advance smile

HolidaysQueen Wed 13-Aug-08 17:48:37

i've found one in a planet organic book - not tried it myself but have it earmarked for when we wean DS and will probably make enough for me as well! says it's suitable from 7 months.

coconut and vegetable korma
1tsp olive oil
1/2 small onion chopped
1 small carrot peeled and diced
pinch of grd ginger, cumin, coriander and turmeric
2tsp tom puree
1 small potato peeled and diced
1tbsp beans e.g. haricot or butter beans
2tsp desiccated coconut
90ml water

Heat oil, fry onion and carrot until soft. add spices and tom puree and heat for 3 mins stirring continuously. Put half mixture in bowl and set aside. add potato, beans, coconut, water top pan. Boil then cover and simmer for 15 mins. puree or mash. mix in the reserved veg for chunkiness adding extra water if you want a thinner consistency

says this is 1 serving for a 10 month old and is freezable.

MrsAlwaysRight Wed 13-Aug-08 19:18:35

Thanks for that - I love Korma's! smile

RhinestoneCowgirl Wed 13-Aug-08 19:22:38

Depends how into curry you are really... DH cooks a lovely curry, most recipes learnt from Madhur Jaffrey's Curry Bible.

DS was having a portion of our milder curries from early own (9 months?), just add a good dollop of full fat plain yog (greek is good) if you think it may be a little spicy.

Mind you I had DS in training by eating lime pickle from the jar when pg - he's 2 and loves spicy food now grin

pinata Wed 13-Aug-08 20:40:45

i have a tasty west indian curry which DD loves

1/2 small onion chopped
1/2 clove garlic chopped
spring onion chopped
1/2 cup coconut milk
splash of lime juice
1/4 teaspoon mild curry powder
squeeze of tomato puree
potato, beans, carrot or any veg you might like
teaspoon cornflour
1/2 teaspoon molasses
thyme

fry onion, spring onion and garlic, add coconut milk, lime juice and curry powder and mix. Add tomato puree and veg and mix again. simmer until veg soft. mix cornflour and molasses with water to make a paste. add this to the curry and stir until thickened. add the thyme.

yum yum yum - this goes down a treat in our house, and if i'm feeling lazy i plonk a bit of rice in to cook at the same time as the veg

for an adult version just add scotch bonnet chilli and some soy sauce

HolidaysQueen Wed 13-Aug-08 23:03:43

pinata - that sounds delicious! i might have to make some just for DH and me

pinata Thu 14-Aug-08 08:58:36

it is very tasty - we have it at least once a week.

enjoy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now