Talk

Advanced search

Accidental solids!

(5 Posts)
GiraffeAHolic Wed 13-Aug-08 11:25:24

We took dd (20wks) to feed the ducks yesterday.

She managed to get hold of a crust and proceeded to shove it in her mouth, chew and swallow!

Am planning on waiting til 26 weeks and trying BLW, but now what....

do I let her try things if she reaches or what??

Go for it! 5 months is fine to try a few bits if she wants to. My lo started having a bit of ripe pear, banana etc at that age and he was fine.

GiraffeAHolic Wed 13-Aug-08 11:30:56

Thanks. She can sit unaided for a fair amount of time and loves her high chair so I might try a few bits.

Annabellemary Wed 13-Aug-08 12:34:49

Good on her, if she can do this now it will save you loads of stress re introducing bread, solids etc. with the worry about can she chew/swallow etc. Just go with the flow, it sounds like weaning made easy to me! Mine was 22 weeks and most people do well to get to 26 weeks. Don't stress for the sake of it.

ScaryHairy Wed 13-Aug-08 12:46:19

I may be wrong but I had understood the rationale behind BLW to be that if a baby can pick food up, put it in its mouth and eat it on its own then the baby is physically capable of eating and digesting that food. Therefore I would not worry. Besides your baby helped itself to the food; what could be more "baby led" than that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now