Talk

Advanced search

OK, please tell me about BLW as I'm feeling dim!

(6 Posts)
Ready4anotherCoffee Sat 09-Aug-08 19:25:08

...Or if anyone has a redundant manualhmm

I spoonfed ds purees, dd1 is a stubborn baggage and would only feed herself so she had finger food from the start, but I only heard about blw when I joined mn, so please explain to me, as dd2 is 23wks and I ought to start thinking about introuducing her to food at some pointsmile

DillyTanty Sat 09-Aug-08 19:27:16

honestly and truly... if your dd1 only fed herself and had finger food from the start, then you know it all anyway. grin

but if you wanted to have a look at www.babyledweaning.com you can see the thinking behind it as well.

Bumperlicious Sat 09-Aug-08 19:42:29

Wait till 6 months then just feed them whatever you are having. No science to it at all!

Check out the site dilly linked to for recipes and advice on the various pitfalls. The key is to remember "food is fun until they are 1" so it doesn't matter how much they are eating. And they are probably eating more than you think.

Ready4anotherCoffee Sat 09-Aug-08 19:53:16

Fab. I thought that would be the answer tbhsmile

Thanks for the link Dilly, I will have a proper look later once I've fed the big kid dh.

So do I just follow the normal routine of veggies first etc but as finger food? sorry, the answer is probably on the link, I'm being quite dim tonight.

DillyTanty Sat 09-Aug-08 19:57:56

if you've waited until 6 mos then you can give them anything apart from peanuts. but i started off (it's my blog i've posted to, btw) with sticks of veg. some people started with spag bol wink. whatever you're most confident with is best imo.

MrsJamin Sun 10-Aug-08 07:51:32

As brilliant as Aitch's blog is, I think a neater but more detailed explanation is here - it sets out the principles of BLW and answers the main objections like choking. Aitch's blog fleshes out these guidelines to give you lots of ideas on foods.

I gave veggies as first meal but soon moved on to fruit, toast, porridge etc. As long as you've waited until 6 months and there's no allergies in the family there's no need to go slowly through food types.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now