Talk

Advanced search

Lesser evil: ?FF or early solids

(6 Posts)
Mummyfor3 Wed 06-Aug-08 21:57:41

Here is the thing: I will have to return to work in 3 weeks time when DS will be 22 weeks old. He is currently exclusively BF although had a handful of bottles of FF in his life to allow his gran to look after him a few evenings.
I am rubbish at expressing, even with very good electric pump (2 weeks of daily efforts have resulted in 5 oz EBM in freezer sad).
So, I was wondering, would I be better giving the childminder bottles of FF or get him to have lots of fruity solids and water during the day. I am planning on continuing to BF him when we are together. I work 10hrs days 3x/wk.
Any infant nutrition gurus out there who could offer advice? Thanks.

Mummyfor3 Thu 07-Aug-08 09:47:44

Bumpitybump
Anybody??

EffiePerine Thu 07-Aug-08 09:51:11

Not a guru but I would have said FF. I didn;t bother with DS, but went back to work a little later (6 months) and was OK with expressing, so different situation

alarkaspree Thu 07-Aug-08 09:51:33

Neither is evil.

I think a 22 week old will need more nutrition than fruit and water over a 10-hour period during the day, so you will need to give formula.

2point4kids Thu 07-Aug-08 09:51:37

Formula has to be better than to go all day with no milk at all and just solids at less than 6 months I'd say.

Early weaning can actually harm your baby. Formula is not 'evil' just an alternative method of milk feeding!

Mummyfor3 Thu 07-Aug-08 10:51:31

I should have written "evil" - DSs 1 and 2 were mixfed so I really have nothing against FF smile.
Thanks for opinions, confirms my gut feeling (pun intended grin) to give CM whatever I do manage to express and formula bottles for him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now