Talk

Advanced search

formula or follow on whats the difference???

(4 Posts)
mum2samandalex Wed 06-Aug-08 18:10:00

Baby is 6 months and is on 3 meals a day. At the moment im mix feeding although trying to give up breastfeeding especially during the. Ds doesnt seem too bothered about his bottle although will happy feed or snack off me. Im just wondering whether to switch to follow on whats the difference as it doesnt say you need to switch on the formula

mum2samandalex Wed 06-Aug-08 18:10:50

sorry on the formula box.

LIZS Wed 06-Aug-08 18:19:00

You can use either until full fat cow's milk at a year. Follow on contains a higher amount of iron as its usp for promotional purposes but it isn't in a readily digestible form. You might find it price promoted though while infant formula can't be.

Pheebe Wed 06-Aug-08 19:08:42

Agree with LIZ, its mostly a marketing ploy, follow on milks can be promoted whereas baby formulas can't. Most claim they are fortified with vits and iron and there may be some small benefit in that. Either version is fine until they go on to cows milk.

Not wishing to promote any one brand but I have noticed that HIPP organic follow-on is 3 quid cheaper than all the others and the only difference I can see is that it doesn't come in a tin. Considering the amount ds2 is consuming, thats quite a saving I can tell you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now