Talk

Advanced search

8 month DS washing hands in cup!

(6 Posts)
LavenderMist Sun 03-Aug-08 22:56:03

DS is always offered some water in a cup with meals -either a sippy cup which he holds himself and bangs on the tray, with the occasional drop of water being swallowed, or an open one that I keep a firm grip on but he drinks enthusiastically from.
In the last few days though he has found a new use for the open cup - first he demands it with much waving and beckoning, then proceeds to wash his hands in it -dabbling one hand at a time like a finger bowl! It is very sweet but the water becomes rather crummy and not very appealing.
Sorry, totally pointless post but it is so funny I thought I'd see if anyone else's does this?

bethoo Sun 03-Aug-08 22:57:30

mine enjoys splashing in the dogs water bowl

BrownSuga Sun 03-Aug-08 22:59:07

My ds does exactly the same thing, little tinker. He loves water all round, in all forms, which I'm glad of.

PavlovtheCat Sun 03-Aug-08 22:59:47

Lavender - DD did this from about the same age.

She still does! Not quite so bad, but when she thinks we are not looking she likes to dip her fingers/hands into it!

I never did too much about it apart from just gently remind her not to do it, change the water when it got too mucky. I am afraid I was a bad mummy and did not necessarily change her water if it got a bit messy. If she wanted to drink water with tuna in it fine by me, as long as she ate the tuna grin ! At that age, I was completely unable to stop her!

not too long after that, she also discovered tipping water into her food, food into her water, so she would drink a spaghetti bolognaise drink, or eat bolognaise soup!

LavenderMist Sun 03-Aug-08 23:45:34

Pavlovthecat - I don't necessarily change the water either! All the bits probably make it more nourishing anyway.
Glad to see that my baby is quite normal (at least as far as this goes) grin

melpomene Sun 03-Aug-08 23:50:57

My dd2 does this, and she is 3. It is cute at first, but a bit of a pain when they are old enough to know better. Yesterday my dd2 decided to spread out a piece of kitchen towel on the table, and then proceeded to deliberately pour half her cup of water over it. I think she's been watching too many ads on TV. Unfortunately our kitchen towel was not absorbent as the ones on the ads, and dd2 had some cleaning up to do...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now