Talk

Advanced search

Yoghurt

(5 Posts)
sannie Fri 01-Aug-08 09:57:22

I'm about to start giving ds2 yoghurt. Do I have to stick to the baby yoghurts a la Hipp or can I just give him some of the yoghurt I normally eat or normal organic yoghurt with some fruit purree?

Thanks

NotQuiteCockney Fri 01-Aug-08 10:01:46

The best option is normal organic yogurt with some fruit puree. Oh, unless you think your DS2 may have a problem with milk protein, I think they denature it a bit for the Hipp yogurts. But if he's already on dairy (and maybe even if he isn't), plain yogurt with fruit puree is much nicer than any 'baby' yogurts.

ten10 Fri 01-Aug-08 10:11:04

I give my DS natural yogurt, or natural greek yogurt, then i add fruit puree to it
have been doing this since he was 6months and he is now 18months and still loves his yogurt.

but i try not to give the non or low fat varieties as i think he probably needs the fats particularly as he drinks semi-skimmed milk. Tried to give whole fat but he wouldn't drink it, so i figure that the yogurt helps to balance this.

sannie Fri 01-Aug-08 10:13:30

thanks a lot. Will get some natural yoghurt today

ten10 Fri 01-Aug-08 10:13:59

sorry forgot to say that i agree natural yogurt with fruit puree is much much nicer than 'flavoured' 'baby' yogurts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now